Followers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

5/5/12

Dear Sariah,

Well I actually had this in my head for a while now. I'm not really good with letters, so bare with me, haven't written a letter in a while that I'm not being graded on :P anyways, as you can tell I'm your dad. A few things you'll know about me is that I play in a band and love food. I've been playing music since I was 15, in a band for almost 4 years now. If there's one thing I value most in my life, it's music.

I suppose starting this off would mean going back to a month ago, the first time I saw proof that you were actually alive in your mom's stomach. It was there I heard your heartbeat for the first time, something I really can't explain to you how amazing it was. To be honest with you, I never really saw myself having kids. I mean, at some point I knew I would, I just never pictured my life 10 or 20 years from now. As you will come to find out, you will have three annoying uncles and an aunt. Well they're annoying to me, but I'm sure they're going to love you. Having spent most of my time raising them, you'd understand why I never thought of kids in the picture.

Of course this changed when we find out about you. Naturally I was shocked and really surprised, I didn't think I'd have you so soon. But of course, I'd have to make some important decisions. I'm just glad that I had help needed in order to be able to take care of you. Like your mom mentioned, I'd also had some judgments of my own made against me. It's not a good feeling when people assume you're are what they call "dead beat."

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm anything but. It's been a little hard, but I've had to pick up more work to make sure I could get you things you may need in the future. It's overwhelming at times I'll admit to you, having to rearrange so many things, and then countdown the days for your arrival. But regardless of all that, remember one thing : I do it all because I love you.

Just so you know, I'm also kind of a goof, so I apologize in advance if I embarrass you at some point or another. It's not my intention, but you'll forgive me right? I'll try not to make you cringe with my horrible letter making, but I'll do the best I can :)

Until next time,

-your goober dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment